What is User Choice Funding?
And how does it work?
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work with study, so you can earn while you learn. The UserChoice program is designed to provide employers and their apprentices and trainees with the ability to select their preferred registered training organisation (RTO) from a list of Queensland Government pre-qualified suppliers (PQS). Students have a maximum of two government contributions, therefore important that apprentices and trainees ensure the decision they make will lead them to their future chosen career.
Apprentices and trainees in Queensland who meet the state’s funding criteria will incur a standardized fee per nominal hour of training. This fee is determined at a regulated rate of $1.60 per nominal hour. Concession rates are applicable for individuals with a valid Health Care Card or those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
For apprentices and trainees who do not qualify for state funding, a fee-for-service cost will be assessed. The specific charges for this service will be confirmed before the commencement of the training program.
To be eligible for User Choice Funding you must meet the following criteria:
- Are or become an apprentice or trainee
- Have selected a training contract for a qualification funded by the government
- Have selected a government-approved training provider
Contact us today to check your eligibility for this and other funding.
Courses funded by User Choice
Through the User Choice program, the government contributes towards the cost of training for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees.
Instead of paying for the full cost of training, apprentices or trainees or their employers will pay a reduced amount.
The program provides the flexibility for apprentices, trainees, and their employers to select a government-approved registered training organisation (RTO or training provider) to provide the training.
- The prospective student must be employed full-time or part-time and have access to a workplace relevant to the qualification.
- You do not need a secondary school certificate or other qualification to be able to do an Australian Apprenticeship.
- You can do an Australian Apprenticeship if you are a school leaver, re-entering the workforce, or as an adult worker simply wishing to change careers.
- You can even begin your Australian Apprenticeship while you’re still at school finishing Years 10, 11, or 12.
- Australian Apprenticeships offer opportunities for you to train, study and earn an income at a variety of qualification levels in most occupations as well as in traditional trades.
- As an Australian Apprentice, you can combine time at work with training and can be either full-time, part-time, or school-based.
- When you finish your Australian Apprenticeship, you will have a nationally recognised qualification that can take you anywhere in Australia and one that is held in high regard in many overseas countries as well.
- You will have many options for your future to think about and choose from.
Learn More: Information for Apprentices and Trainees >>
Did you know that the government can provide up to $6,500 in incentives for employers for eligible Apprentices and Trainees?
Employing an Australian Apprentice is a smart investment in the future of your business. Investing in training through an Australian Apprenticeship can provide your business with real benefits and contribute to your bottom line. A range of financial incentives may be available to you when you employ an eligible Australian Apprentice.
Did you know there is also a 50% Payroll Tax Exemptions for employing Trainees/Apprentices?
Learn More: Information for Employers >>
About User Choice Funding
How To Apply
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to access the right choice and options for funding.
1. Check out our range of courses.
2. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss what course is right for you.
3. Provide us with your Date of Birth and Full Name and we can help you with the rest!
Please note: Student fees may be paid on behalf of a student by a referring agency such as a Job Active or other employment service provider.
For more information about User Choice Funding, check out the following links:
Talk to A Course Advisor
Interested in studying a course but don't know what funding is available to you. Contact us today to check your eligibility and find out more about funding options available to you.