What is VETiS Funding?
And how does it work?
VETiS is an educational program that allows students to get nationally recognised qualifications during their schooling. Students learn the knowledge and skillset needed for specific industries.
Students typically receive training one day a week while studying for their senior certificate. VETiS training is typically facilitated through a registered training organisation and in conjunction with the school.
Major Training’s VETiS programs involve a detailed training plan developed in conjunction with the school. They provide students with appropriate work placements and training. Upon successful completion of a VETiS program, students will be awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainments and Certificates.
To be eligible for VET in Schools Program you must meet the following criteria:
- Are currently enrolled in Year 10, 11, or 12 and attending school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Have Australian/New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency or on a pathway to permanent residency
- Not have completed a qualification under VETiS funding previously
Get in touch with us to confirm if you are eligible for this and other funding.
Courses funded by VETiS
VETiS programs offer a range of benefits, including:
- A nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course
- Foundational skillsets required for future employment
- Practical learning opportunities through work experience
- Credit toward a high-school certificate and vocational studies, or university qualifications
This depends on the age of a student and where the learning is taking place. A VETiS course is done throughout the schooling year at an RTO. If the course is undertaken while a young person is still enrolled at school and through their employer, this is done through a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship (SAT).
In Queensland, VETiS is funded by the VET investment budget. This delivers funding to any RTO approved by The Department of Youth Justice, Employment, Small Business, and Training as a pre-qualified supplier (PQS).
Please view our Funding Page for more information.
If you have already completed a VETiS qualification at school, you are still eligible to access further Queensland Government subsidised training post-school including certification 3 qualifications.
About VETiS Funding
How To Apply
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to access the right choice and options for funding.
1. Check out our range of courses and take our Eligibility Quiz to find out which funding you may be eligible for.
2. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss what course is right for you.
3. Provide us with your Date of Birth and Full Name and we can help you with the rest!
Please note: Student fees may be paid on behalf of a student by a referring agency such as a Job Active or other employment service provider.
Talk to A Course Advisor
Interested in studying a course but don't know what funding is available to you. Contact us today to check your eligibility and find out more about funding options available to you.